“The only way you can possibly lead people is to understand people. And the best way to understand them is to get to know them better and by truly caring.” – Coach K
To truly pursue excellence, you need to WATCH, READ and DO!
Do you want to be an average leader or an exceptional leader?
I know. It’s a condescending question, right?
However, it’s not what you say, it’s what you do.
Everyone says they want to be an exceptional leader, but their habits prove otherwise. If your beliefs and your behaviors don’t align, then one of them needs to change. Either change what you believe or change the way you behave.
If you truly want to be an exceptional leader, you need to ask yourself these 6 questions every single day:
- Are my people getting better? How do I know? How am I assessing their development?
- Do I gather feedback and evaluate performance? Am I self-aware? Team-aware?
- Am I focused on the process or the outcome? Am I focused on consistent improvement or just on the bottom line?
- Am I developing quality, meaningful relationships with my people? Do we just talk work or do we talk about life?
- What have I done recently to work on my craft? How much time do I put into my own professional development?
- Am I having fun? Or am I feeling burned out?
Being an exceptional leader requires honestly answering these questions and consistently recalibrating. After all, the key to success is to do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.
Want more FREE killer content? Click here to check out my new blog.
On a scale from 1-10, please rate your overall physical wellness, your emotional wellness and your overall relational wellness.
- How much energy and enthusiasm do you show for each?
- How happy and fulfilled do you feel for each?
- What are your biggest challenges or pain points?
- What will result if these improve?
- What’s at risk if it doesn’t?
- If you were able to improve these areas, how would things be different for you?
- What would you be able to accomplish?
- How would that impact your work?
- How would that impact your life?
If your organization could use a meaningful, memorable, and impactful keynote speaker, I’d love to work with you! All of my programs are customized and personalized for each audience. Contact Michelle Joyce, my Director of Events, for more information HERE.
Thanks for taking this Full Time Out with me. I appreciate your presence!